[Development] qtgamepad Support for Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver+Controller

ƦOB COASTN robertpancoast77 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:49:10 CET 2017

Greetings,

This is my first post to qt-project mailing list.
The information provided on https://github.com/qt/qtgamepad states:
Supported Platforms: Native Backends
Linux (evdev)
Window (xinput)
Android

I aim to develop QTgamepad on Windows Server 2012R2.

1.) Has the latest QTgamepad build been confirmed to function with Windows
Server 2012R2?
2.) Has the latest QTgamepad build been confirmed to function with Xbox
Controllers?

Currently QTgamepad 5.7.1 on Windows Server 2012R2 fails to operate
correctly.
The "Qt Gamepad Configure Buttons Example" compiles and runs, but the
connected Gamepads drop down never populates.
However, the values for the gamepad input accurately reflect button and
stick status.

It seems that something is not properly functioning with the
"GamepadManager.connectedGamepads".

3.) Any advice for troubleshooting?
4.) Is there a recommended Windows Operating System known to work with the
latest QTgamepad build and Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver+Controller?

Thanks,
Rob