[Development] Widgets maintainers

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Fri Jul 7 13:03:49 CEST 2017

Hello all, hello Marc,

First of all, thank you very much for taking care of the widgets module and
working to get bugs under control.

We've been talking inside The Qt Company about the widgets module a lot
lately, since we do see it as a very important part of Qt, which doesn't
receive as much marketing and highlighting as it deserves. For traditional
UIs, widgets are certainly a viable and good building block.

While we don't anticipate huge changes in the module, we will keep on updating
the styles where it makes sense and take bugs serious. Since it's also a big
chunk of a module, we'd like to propse a team of maintainers, to make it
easier on everyone.

Our proposal is:
Richard Gustavsen as overall maintainer
Gabriel de Dietrich for styles
Jan-Arve Sæther for layouts
Eskil Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt for all text related things
Andreas Aardal Hanssen for graphicsview

Item Views is open and would fall to Richard for now, but if someone is
interested in helping out more with it, that's certainly appreciated.

Cheers,
Frederik