[Development] [BB++] Now is 3.5x faster than Node.JS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 24 06:05:28 CEST 2017

On Sunday, 23 July 2017 15:20:21 PDT Phil Bouchard wrote:
> > For two reasons:
> >  1) your analogy is not correct
> >  2) you're basing the entire case on an assumption that is not proven
> >
> > You could be building a great new language. Or a house of cards.
>
> It's based on the brand new C++14 standards so the roots are strong but
> it removes its complexity as you can see in the generated C++ code.

That proves nothing. You can write really crappy applications and frameworks
on a good foundation. And you can write really good applications despite bad
foundations, working around them.

> Also Javascript is hopeless in regards to inheritance so I'm using C++
> conventions there.

I'm not disputing the ickiness of the language. I am disputing your unproven
assertions.

And in one case, *disproven* assertions (see Robin's email).