[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 9 17:53:31 CEST 2017

On Friday, 9 June 2017 04:32:05 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > That's called qev and you can find in qttools/src/qev. It's not built by
> > default.
> > But I really meant xev. I just want to know if xev receives any extra
> > events in there.
>
> In fact, couldn't qev include xev functionality in a native event filter?

It could, but I think the interesting part of qev is to show how it
interpreted the events into Qt.

Anyway, qev isn't really being developed. The last commit to it was mine a
year ago that made it *usable* by printing the event contents instead of the
pointer addresses (10411e51782f7274da626bec01ec3ab8cae8723b qev: Actually
print the events, quote "Otherwise, this is the most useless application
ever.")

We're lucky that whoever did the modularisation in 2011 copied it over (thank
you Marius, Prasanth and Liang, IIRC!). It did not receive *any* commits in
its Qt 5 or Qt 4 history besides buildsystem and copyright header changes.

http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qttools.git/log/src/qev/qev.cpp
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt.git/log/tools/qev/qev.cpp