[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 10:16:30 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> In fact, couldn't qev include xev functionality in a native event filter?
>
> It could, but I think the interesting part of qev is to show how it
> interpreted the events into Qt.

> Anyway, qev isn't really being developed. The last commit to it was mine a

I noticed that :)

What I think should be at least potentially useful is to show the non-
interpreted events. Otherwise you just see a list of Qt events and in fact
nothing about interpretation.

I started to hack the xev.c source with the idea to call it from a native event
handler. I dropped that (for now) when I discovered xev's snooping option...

R.