[Development] Dropping older compilers for Qt 5.10 (was: Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 9 22:59:16 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 15:10:57 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> In other words, there'll be exactly one C++11 feature we won't be able to
> indiscriminately use:
>  * constexpr

Let me point the key word of "indiscriminately".

MSVC 2015 (at least Update 3) does have support for constexpr, but it has
bugs. Unfortunately, the URL in qcompilerdetection.h is resulting in 404. I'm
trying to reproduce the issue again by compiling with the support and checking
what breaks. I'll reply in an hour or so with the diagnostic.