[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:39:47 CEST 2017

On Sunday June 11 2017 18:54:03 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

>So something tells Qt applications to start using ibus when it is launched,
>but they never switch away when it quits.

Couldn't that be simply in qt5/plugins/platforminputcontexts/libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so (qtbase/src/plugins/platforminputcontexts/ibus)?
Sounds like something that might be easier to trace and fix than the accent/deadkey issue.

I should add that the recipe I provided to introduce that issue no longer works for me now that I figured out how to disable ibus without uninstalling it.

R.