[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Jun 11 18:54:03 CEST 2017

On Sonntag, 11. Juni 2017 10:27:41 CEST René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > That's a difference compared to me: I don't have ibus turned on.
>
> Out of curiosity I quit iBus.
>
> Coincidence or not, all keyboard input stopped working in all running Qt5
> GUI (KF5) applications after a few keystrokes.
>
> Snooping with xev shows that the X11 events are still being delivered to the
> window, and newly launched applications are not affected.
>
> I could try attaching a debugger a next time this happens, where could I set
> a breakpoint?

This is the same behavior I saw. When I had the issue with accents, I started
ibus, and it fixed it, then I shut down ibus, and the Qt applications that had
the issue before, and then worked, stopped responding to input, and newly
launched applications worked but had the issue.

So something tells Qt applications to start using ibus when it is launched,
but they never switch away when it quits.

`Allan