[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 09:49:43 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Check your environment. You must have something that tells Qt to use it.

For Qt4 there's QT4_IM_MODULE indeed, and you can configure the input method via
qtconfig too. For Qt5 I haven't found anything. In the end I did rename ibus-
daemon and ibus-x11, and only then found there's a package called im-config where
you can configure this. Annoyingly I didn't write down exactly where that was on
by Ubuntu rig, and judging from the file date it was not the
/etc/defaults/im_config file I thought I remembered it was :-/

Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

> Does applying
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/177188/
> help?

The patch applies to 5.9.0 and with it I can follow the described recipe without
losing keyboard input.

R.