[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Jun 12 10:08:55 CEST 2017

On Montag, 12. Juni 2017 09:49:43 CEST René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Check your environment. You must have something that tells Qt to use it.
>
> For Qt4 there's QT4_IM_MODULE indeed, and you can configure the input method
> via qtconfig too. For Qt5 I haven't found anything. In the end I did rename
> ibus- daemon and ibus-x11, and only then found there's a package called
> im-config where you can configure this. Annoyingly I didn't write down
> exactly where that was on by Ubuntu rig, and judging from the file date it
> was not the
> /etc/defaults/im_config file I thought I remembered it was :-/

I am on Debian and found the same thing. Apt-get remove im-config solves the
issue. Apparently it is a buggy package that forces Qt to use ibus without
ensuring ibus is launched.

Btw. In a similar vain of packages having a negative impact on Qt. I also
recomment uninstalling at-spi2-core which sets the environment variable to
force accessibility always on which has a big negative performance impact.

'Allan