[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:18:25 CEST 2017

Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON

Interesting, I have no trace of that variable, and I cannot imagine that
uninstalling at-spi2-core would have unset it in all running shells.

> Can you check what im_config sets the QT_IM_MODULE to when ibus is not found?

That variable isn't set at all on my system. That may have to do with the fact
I'm running Kubuntu 14.04 with self-built Qt5 and KF5 stuff installed into
/opt/local. But QT4_IM_MODULE=xim, which fits with what I reconfigured as the
default input method yesterday as well as with what I understand of im-config's
"auto" setting.

R.