[Development] What changed in the RHEL 6.6 machines that cause tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6 to fail?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 16 23:21:08 CEST 2017

On Friday, 16 June 2017 13:23:07 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
>  QDEBUG : tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6(WithoutProxy)
> QHostAddress("fe80::250:56ff:feab:4818%eth1")
>  FAIL!  : tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6(WithoutProxy)
> '(neutralReadSpy.count()
> > 0)' returned FALSE. ()
>
>     Loc: [../tst_qudpsocket.cpp(1600)]

Emergency workaround: https://codereview.qt-project.org/197753
(compiles and works for me on bare metal, no test on a VM)

This commit basically disables the test entirely on virtual machines. If any
QtNetwork developers use virtual machines, please make sure you get bare-metal
hardware for all three platforms. You won't be doing your job if you continue
with VMs.