[Development] What changed in the RHEL 6.6 machines that cause tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6 to fail?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 16 22:23:07 CEST 2017

 QDEBUG : tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6(WithoutProxy)
QHostAddress("fe80::250:56ff:feab:4818%eth1")
 FAIL!  : tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6(WithoutProxy) '(neutralReadSpy.count()
> 0)' returned FALSE. ()
    Loc: [../tst_qudpsocket.cpp(1600)]

This test was passing on Linux without a problem for years. Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 6.6 isn't a new distribution, so I assume that the test was passing on
it for some time. So can someone investigate what changed that is causing it
to fail?

I'm also interested in two details about this:
 1) eth1 is listed, but not eth0. Is eth0 down?
 2) what kind of virtual network is eth1 connected to?

That test has two blacklists already, one for Windows and one for Darwin,
because those systems have network interfaces that, despite being up and
running, don't really work and don't loop back packets. I can't blacklist
"eth1" on the test, that's too generic a name.