[Development] QtScript (deprecated) vs QJSEngine and reasons why QJSEngine isn't up to scratch

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Sat Jun 17 10:08:39 CEST 2017

Hi,

Since at least Qt 5.8 (maybe even earlier, I cannot look it up right now) you can use the QML debugger with plain QJSEngines. Just start the application through Qt Creator's debug mode or use the "-qmljsdebugger=port:..." argument and connect with Qt Creator to the specified port. The QML debugger will give you many familiar debugging facilities like single stepping, break points, etc.

regards,

Ulf