[Development] Let's please drop MSVC 2013 for 5.10

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 14:14:25 CEST 2017

> Decision making should weigh pros and cons. The observed pattern is
> however "We see something sub-optimal, therefore we choose the other
> approach, not matter matter what". This is unreasonable.

I don't see reasonnable the use of the latest Qt technology on one hand
(5.10), together with an old compiler (VS 2013) that does not even
support well the C++ standard defined back in 2011.

This sounds reasonnable that ressources are spent fixing Qt issues
rather than solutions around compiler quirks.

If some users think otherwise, they can still modify Qt (5.10) to use with their old favorite compiler.

Philippe