[Development] First Qt 5.9.1 snapshot available

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Mon Jun 19 08:20:58 CEST 2017

To be honest, it should be maintainers who does these change files from the begining, not the release team. But because it seems to be really hard to be done we in the release team have done these initial ones lately. Doing these too early won't help at all because many changes might be missing and that's why we are planning to do these immediately after branching from '5.9' -> '5.9.1' is finalized. I know it will be tight but let's try to get it done really quickly at this time. But to be honest we need to find a better way to do this now when we are trying to do these reqular patch level releases...

> 2. For 5.8.0, I saw that binary compatibility files were added. Did I miss
> something or is this discontinued for 5.9.0? How do you assure BC during the
> 5.9 patch releases?

No, this is continuing. 5.9.0 bc files are still missing and 5.9.1 is still compared to 5.8.0. 5.9.0 bc files will be added as soon as possible

br,
Jani