[Development] Let's please drop MSVC 2013 for 5.10

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:27:10 CEST 2017

> I somehow expect people to upgrade their compilers at the first chance
that they get

Yes, that's why most people (me included) upgraded the moment Qt started
shipping with msvc2015 binaries.
Everyone still stuck on 2013 is either under hard library
recompilation/dependency constraints or just doesn't care.
Both of the above are unlikely to change come 5.10 or 5.11.

On the other hand, people who jump to 5.10 will get stranded and wanting
they never left the LTS release if 5.10
happens to have stuff that actually requires long term support which, for
it, will come in the form of direct upgrade to 5.11.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com