[Development] right-to-left mode on Mac

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 26 23:44:39 CEST 2017

On segunda-feira, 26 de junho de 2017 14:10:56 PDT René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I presume you mean that the translation file will take care of the item text
> - it cannot really do anything else, right? In any case I never saw text
> rendering being reversed when activating R2L mode.

Actually, it can. The Qt translation contains some extra information, like
whether the language is R2L and the plural rules. If you don't load the .qm
file for Qt itself (the qtbase one), you'll have problems.

> Shortcut hints are displayed as "C" instead of "C"

That looks like a Unicode BiDi issue. The  symbol is in the private use area,
so it has no BiDi flow, but "C" does. It can be explained by the above problem
too.