[Development] [Interest] QT expert's help required for mentoring Linux Foundation GSoC project.

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Fri Jun 30 18:08:32 CEST 2017

On 09.06.2017 17:17, Aveek Basu wrote:
> This is Aveek from Linux Foundation. Currently myself and Till Kempeter,
> are working as the org admins of the LF GSoC project. This year have
> undertaken a project of developing the Common Print Dialog for Linux (
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/gsoc/google-summer-code-20
> 17-openprinting-projects). This project will for sure improve the user
> experience on how we all print in Linux today.
>
> The project involves development of the complex Common Print dialogs in QT.
> We are badly in need of someone who has development experience in QT
> upstream to guide our students. It will be of great help if someone from
> the community could could show interest.

Is the aim to merge this printing dialog into Qt sources to replace the
current Qt print dialog? http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qprintdialog.html

If yes, then the GSoC students should contact Qt developers at the Qt
development mailing list, and discuss their plans. Unfortunately, the
former QPrinter maintainer is busy with his paid job, so I see
difficulties here.

If not, then I suggest that the GSoC students just post questions to the
Qt interest mailing list, #qt IRC channel, or official Qt forum at
https://forum.qt.io/

Please do not use any other Qt mailing list.