[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Wed Mar 1 13:52:48 CET 2017

Am 01.03.17 um 13:38 schrieb Marc Mutz:
> On Wednesday 01 March 2017 13:13:17 Lars Knoll wrote:
>>> Let’s conclude this topic now by moving on towards 5.9 as Tuukka
>>> proposed. After some thinking I also agree that this is the best course
>>> of action from where we are right now.
>> This also implies that bug fixes should now get pushed to the 5.9 branch
>> and we should close the 5.8 branch soon.
> I disagree. Even if you cannot produce releases from 5.8 anymore, that's our
> stable branch. 5.9 isn't stable, yet. If you release 5.9.0, *then* you can
> close 5.8. Do you really want stuff from 5.9 cherry-picked to 5.6?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

+1 from me
just cherry-picked from 5.8 to get a Show-Stopper-Bug fixed
https://appbus.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/patch-qt-5-8-0-for-qtbug-59026/

--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*Qt Champion
BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner