[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Mar 1 15:52:41 CET 2017

Why should a patch merged into 5.8 right now be a better candidate to cherry-picking than one merged into 5.9? It runs through the same scrunity (CI).

IMO it's actually harmful to keep 5.8 open if we don't intend to make a release based on it. We keep the overhead of maintaining and merging multiple branches without any benefit.

My 2 cents,

Kai