[Development] Feature Freeze Exception: QStringView

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 3 05:48:20 CET 2017

Em quinta-feira, 2 de março de 2017, às 14:36:55 PST, Giuseppe D'Angelo
escreveu:
> Can we start these discussions, like, now? Could you please share your
> QString/QVector branch and describe what you did in there and what you
> think QString should look like in Qt 6? (Similarly, we should start the
> discussions on containers).

Not sure that discussion is productive now. We're not doing Qt 6 soon, so we
can take our time. Maybe at the Contributor Summit.

Anyway:
https://gitlab.com/thiagomacieira/qtbase

This branch rebases often, don't fetch it. It contains everything and the
kitchen sink that I've been working on. Some of that I've pushed for review
(like part of the QtDBus patches), some of it is unfinished work (like file
descriptor passing in QNativeSocketEngine). There are 156 commits as of today.

The first 40 commits are related to the QString/QVector/QByteArray work (of
which, the first 2 are in 5.9). The work ends in "Handle insert/prepend/append
of items in the current vector"