[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Mar 6 23:59:11 CET 2017

Em segunda-feira, 6 de março de 2017, às 23:32:42 CET, Jake Petroules
escreveu:
> > Yes, we do. We've had that dependency for 15 years.
>
> And it will go away once Qt moves to Qbs as its default build system in Qt
> 6.

There has been no discussion of qbs. Therefore, there is no decision on what
ot use for Qt 6. It might be cmake or qmake.

But if we do use a tool that is not part of Qt's sources, it would be nice to
use one that does support generating the headers. I don't find it likely to find
a generator that will allow the powerful scanning that syncqt.pl does, unless
like syncqt.pl it is actually a fully-featured language with an extensive
library.

Like Scons (which I'd hate to use, but at this point it is a contender just as
likely).

> >> On later steps qt is built pretty good without any serious issues.
> >>
> >> Is there any attempts to rewrite syncqt.pl in c++?
> >
> > No.
>

> It will be "rewritten" (although the replacement will not be a direct
> translation) in JavaScript when Qt moves to Qbs.

Or a cmake script or a Python routine in Scons.

Or left as-is.