[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Tue Mar 7 08:16:14 CET 2017

Hi,

I for one would welcome a C++ rewrite of syncqt inside qmake to get rid of the perl dependency. However I do not have the authority to approve such a contribution. It is something we have talked about many times on the hallway.

Until we arrive in the promised land of a new build system, it would allow us to simplify our source packaging even further the moment we have it (syncqt C++).

Simon