[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Tue Mar 7 22:35:46 CET 2017

On 7 Mar 2017, at 22:24, Richard Moore <rich at kde.org<mailto:rich at kde.org>> wrote:

On 7 March 2017 at 21:21, Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io<mailto:lars.knoll at qt.io>> wrote:

> On 7 Mar 2017, at 21:54, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:
>
> Em terça-feira, 7 de março de 2017, às 21:37:46 CET, Richard Moore escreveu:
>>> The Qt Company has now very recently made a decision to now go and invest
>>> the man power required to turn qbs into a product we can fully support in
>>> the future. This decision comes from the fact that we see that build
>>> systems are a very integral part of the developer experience, and it's one
>>> of the areas where we see that there still is a large potential for
>>> improvement. qbs is promising to bring that improvement to us and our
>>> users.
>> ​Pretty depressing since the discussions at the developer summit seemed to
>> conclude the exact opposite.​ I wish those developers were working on
>> something more useful than a new wheel.

The discussions there were afai remember inconclusive. But the people that do the actual work on the build system were mostly positive towards qbs.

​You didn't go to that session.​

You're right. My wording above was misleading, I wasn't present myself. This is what I remembered people telling me afterwards.

Here are the session notes: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_build_systems_at_QtCon_2016

Summary says: "We are thinking about switching build systems. We don't know what to do yet, but we can't decide it here."

For me that's inconclusive.

Cheers,
Lars