[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Tue Mar 7 22:43:33 CET 2017

> You're right. My wording above was misleading, I wasn't present myself.
> This is what I remembered people telling me afterwards.
>
> Here are the session notes: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_
> build_systems_at_QtCon_2016

​Yep, there's also a video. My recollection is that there was a small vocal
group of people pushing qbs, but that they couldn't demonstrate any actual
advantages it had. They offered a few up, but it turned out that people had
already done that using other tools such as cmake. ​I think the only
conclusion was that qmake is weak and that the maintainers want to stop
maintaining it.

Rich.