[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Fri Mar 10 20:21:38 CET 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 07:08:21PM +0000, Jake Petroules wrote:
> We never said we will continue to use QtScript *as-is*. When I said JSC, I was
> talking about a modern version of JSC from the WebKit trunk, not the last copy
> of it that was bundled with QtScript. For standards-compliance & features, JSC
> is quite attractive as it's the most advanced.

I don't think compliance to a standard carries a lot of weight in a context
where said language is typically used in half-line stanzas embedded in a
non-standardized container format.

Thinking about it, *none* of the original reasons to use JS as embedded
scripting language carries a lot of weight as far as I am concerned.

Andre'