[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Fri Mar 10 20:56:18 CET 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 11:21 AM, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 07:08:21PM +0000, Jake Petroules wrote:
>> We never said we will continue to use QtScript *as-is*. When I said JSC, I was
>> talking about a modern version of JSC from the WebKit trunk, not the last copy
>> of it that was bundled with QtScript. For standards-compliance & features, JSC
>> is quite attractive as it's the most advanced.
>
> I don't think compliance to a standard carries a lot of weight in a context
> where said language is typically used in half-line stanzas embedded in a
> non-standardized container format.

If you think that, you haven't seen the qbs source code. We have thousands of lines of JavaScript code in dozens of separate files which are referenced from QML, and I expect that to grow by an order of magnitude in the long term.

We try to separate the declarative parts from the imperative parts as much as possible; once it goes over a certain line length, it goes to a JS file.

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at qt.io
The Qt Company - Silicon Valley
Qbs build tool evangelist - qbs.io