[Development] QList

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 23:12:31 CET 2017

On 18 March 2017 at 23:51, Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:
> We dug us a very deep pit here. If you compare QPair's implementation with a
> typical std::pair's, you'll see that it's just totally pointless to keep
> classes alive that have 1:1 std equivalents. We'll just never get to the QOI
> of the std classes. Our time would be better spent fixing bugs in std
> implementations.

Well, having written the conditionally explicit constructors for pair,
tuple and optional
in libstdc++, I can certainly recommend against trying to duplicate
that work. :)

> Our containers _still_ don't support move semantics correctly. Maybe Ville was
> hired to change that. If so, I'm sorry to say: what a waste of talent.

Oh, not to worry, there's plenty of stuff I can be doing, container
move semantics were
probably hardly the only thing I was envisioned to work on.