[Development] QList

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:55:37 CET 2017

On 20 March 2017 at 20:55, Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2017 19:11:47 Ville Voutilainen wrote:
>> However, I think it's still better to
>> keep the name in the APIs and change
>> the meaning of the name. That's far from ideal, but it still provides
>> a better compatibility story than
>> eradicating the name from APIs, and we can still take reasonable steps
>> towards eventually eradicating
>> the name.
>
> You want to keep the name used in the API to eventually eradicate the name?
> Can you explain how the first helps with the latter?

By changing the implementation under that name and turning the name
into an alias,
encouraging users to migrate from that name to the name of the real
facility, deprecating the legacy name,
and then eventually removing the legacy name; in that order. I suppose
others have described
plans to some extent similar.