[Development] RFC: Containers member functions for algorithm

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Mar 23 12:46:58 CET 2017

Il 23/03/2017 10:36, Marc Mutz ha scritto:
> Exactly. Bring back qSort(Container &), calling std::sort(std::begin(c),
> std::end(c)). But leave the container interface alone.

This could be done "right now" if we add them in a separate namespace.
Whether changing qSort itself -- back in the day I didn't because it was
a SIC.

I would still be keen to call it a semi-unacceptable SIC today, even
after 9 minor versions, as people do not compile code with deprecation
warnings (*), so they have no idea that qSort should've not be used...

(*) we had discussion at the last QtCS, and I had to write patches and a
blog post about this, because our users didn't know!

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts