[Development] Qt-5.9.0-beta on CentOS-6.8: one minor BTN_TRIGGER_HAPPY bug

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 23 22:25:43 CET 2017

On quinta-feira, 23 de março de 2017 13:57:07 PDT Ed Leaver wrote:
> On 03/23/2017 01:43 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On quinta-feira, 23 de março de 2017 10:59:25 PDT Ed Leaver wrote:
> >> will attempt gcc-4.8.2 -no-std=c++11 in the next few days. If you think
> >> this worthwhile, have you a Qt-5.9.0-beta source tarball?
> >
> > You can't turn C++11 off since 5.7.0.
>
> Thanks. Saved me some time and confusion. I didn't /personally/ wish to
> turn off C++11 anyway. I'll try 5.7.0 then against gcc-4.8.2, but am
> still interested in a 5.9.0-beta source tarball to test with gcc-5.4.0
> and later, if such beta tarball becomes available.

Hello Ed

I have no idea what BTN_TRIGGER_HAPPY is. But you can simply disable qtgamepad
entirely if you don't plan on using it. Either don't download it, or rm -rf
the subdir after you've downloaded it, or pass -skip qtgamepad to the
compilation.

You should also report the failure to built from sources (FTBFS) and indicate
which kernel version your headers are from. Since it's a macro, it is easy to
just #ifdef around its existence. But I don't know whether the developer will
accept the bug or they will say "sorry, your kernel is way too old, try
upgrading".

What kernel is that, BTW?