[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Mar 28 06:21:41 CEST 2017

> Sounds good, but please remember we'll need to keep at least the source
> tarballs for each and every beta and RC that we release.

Yeah, that's OK

> Maybe every week is too aggressive, since few people will test every week
> and give feedback in time for the next release. We may find that every other
> week is better.
Yes, the goal is to have new beta n about week or two after previous one, pretty much when we have important fixes in & when we have managed to create content and verified that to be good enough. The main idea is that we won't do new release from each successfully qt5.git integration by default but still do several beta releases quite regularly (kind of need basis).

br,
Jani