[Development] New configuration system docs and FBX issues

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue May 2 10:46:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 02/05/2017 09:25, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 07:17:23AM +0100, Sean Harmer wrote:
>> is there any documentation for the new configuration system please?
>>
> the "documentation" is the vast amount of configure.json files which
> actually use it.

Thanks, but that doesn't make it easy to get an overview of common use
cases though as you don't know which ones are common without looking
through many files. I just didn't know if I was missing documentation
somewhere but it seems not.

It's easy to miss the exact thing you are after when looking through
like this too. I didn't know I could put a "condition" in a "sources".
Now I do.

>> My specific issue is that I need a config test that uses different
>> library names on each platform and I can't see how to achieve this.
>>
> funny, because the very first file one might look into -
> qtbase/configure.json - contains two examples of just that right at the
> top of the library list (zlib and dbus).
> the "next level" is openssl in qtbase/src/network.

Thanks for the tips. I had been looking in qtbase/src/corelib and gui.

Cheers,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK