[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 6 14:14:30 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Be my guest. I can't test this, so I don't have a way to even try whether it

Actually I think you could. Testing this would mean implementing a version of
the patches that does nothing on ARM, and then getting that to run that on the
ARM CI. The only thing I could possibly do in this approach is implemented the
alternative patch, from there on the ball would still be in your camp.

> The patch is required everywhere, as you've found out. Without it, QtDBus
> applications crash on exit.

Have I? In my experience it only happens under specific conditions, and I've
never seen evidence that it happens on other architectures. It does seem
reasonable to expect that it will.

> Because it's not architecture dependent. I told you yesterday, "The problem
> happens before any ARM code is run, so it's not an emulation or processor
> issue. It must be a cross-compilation (bootstrapping) issue."

I can read, thank you :) That's the CI issue, the original issue is the QtDBus
crash-on-exit.

But since you repeat this: what's different with that xml2cpp code generator in
the cross-compilation setting? Does it contain/run ARM-conditional code (built
for X86), for instance? Is there no way to figure that out without doing a full-
fledged cross build?
Can't you fetch the executable from the CI and run it on a regular developer
workstation, or possibly the entire build tree?

Lastly, can't the CI be set up to generate a stack backtrace of applications
that it kills (supposing you don't already have one)?

I think I'm going to stop firing in the dark...