[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat May 6 17:00:50 CEST 2017

On Saturday, 6 May 2017 05:14:30 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> But since you repeat this: what's different with that xml2cpp code generator
> in the cross-compilation setting? Does it contain/run ARM-conditional code
> (built for X86), for instance? Is there no way to figure that out without
> doing a full- fledged cross build?

At the risk of repeating myself, it has nothing to do with ARM.

The difference is that in a cross-compilation setting, qdbusxml2cpp links to
libQtBootstrapDBus instead of libQtDBus.  The question is: what is causing the
bootstrapped build of QtDBus to deadlock?

> Can't you fetch the executable from the CI and run it on a regular developer
> workstation, or possibly the entire build tree?

Someone could do that. I'd even appreciate just a backtrace from the
deadlocked application.

> Lastly, can't the CI be set up to generate a stack backtrace of applications
> that it kills (supposing you don't already have one)?

That would be a good idea. It's happened recently for another situation and it
would be useful.