[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat May 6 21:48:57 CEST 2017

On Saturday, 6 May 2017 12:20:29 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > At the risk of repeating myself, it has nothing to do with ARM.
>
> Does it happen on any of the other builders? If so, apologies, if someone
> had pointed that out I wouldn't have fixated so much on ARM.

There are two problems with that question:

First, because the CI stops at the moment the first problem happens. So we
don't know where else it may have happened. We only know where it did happen.

Second, compiling to ARM requires cross-compilation. Since the problem happens
because of cross-compilation, it happens for all ARM builds.

> > The difference is that in a cross-compilation setting, qdbusxml2cpp links
> > to libQtBootstrapDBus instead of libQtDBus.  The question is: what is
> > causing the bootstrapped build of QtDBus to deadlock?
>
> How hard is it to make a bootstrapped build of qdbusxml2cpp? If that's
> feasible without setting up a cross-compilation setting I could try that.

Not very. You're welcome to try. But I think I tried this last year and
couldn't reproduce the problem, though it was with 5.6, not 5.8.

All you need to do is attempt a cross-compilation.

> BTW, is it possible to set up things for a "fake" cross build, i.e. one that
> targets the host platform?

Yes. You can also cd src; qmake -config force_bootstrap.

> > Someone could do that. I'd even appreciate just a backtrace from the
> > deadlocked application.
>
> At the risk of me repeating myself again: there's an internal act to get
> together here ...

Internal to me? I don't think looking at my bowels will help.

If you meant someone else or some company, it seems no one else is interested.
The Linux distributions are satisified with the patch and haven't seen any
regressions because of it.