[Development] Building plugins/sqldrivers with QT 5.9 on windows

Welsch, Christoph christoph.welsch at etm.at
Mon May 8 13:57:32 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to build the sqldriver plugins with qt 5.9.
In 5.5 it was no problem to build the drivers with following qmake call:

qmake INCLUDEPATH+=D:/QtBuild/Qt-Win64/Qt5-WinDeps-64bit/windeps\MySQL\include LIBS+=D:/QtBuild/Qt-Win64/Qt5-WinDeps-64bit/windeps\MySQL\lib\libmysql.lib D:/QtBuild/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.0-beta2/qtbase\src\plugins\sqldrivers\mysql\mysql.pro

On QT 5.9 it fails with following message.

Project ERROR: Library 'mysql' is not defined.

When I googled the error, I found a hint, that I need to remove following line from the file mysql.pro in qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql:
  QMAKE_USE += mysql

Without this line it works as usual. Is this a bug within the pro file or has the qmake call changed?

Regards,
Christoph