[Development] Stepping down as QtDBus maintainer

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Thu May 18 12:46:12 CEST 2017

Hi Thiago,

thanks for all the efforts you’ve been putting into it over the years.

> On 17 May 2017, at 18:19, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> With https://codereview.qt-project.org/194893 getting integrated, this signals
> my inability to keep QtDBus working for 4 minor releases in a row (5.6 through
> 5.9, inclusive). Obviously, the patch that this change reverted is required
> and it is the only way I've supported QtDBus in the last 1½ years, but we
> don't seem to be able to make it work.

This is more showing that a situation where we only have one person working on (and knowing) a module is not sustainable.

The changes you did were clearly going into the right direction, and will need to be picked up in one way or another.

> Since I am unable to fulfill my duties as maintainer, I am stepping down and
> opening the way up for someone else.

I’m currently trying to find someone else who can step up and get to know the module. It would be great if you could help that person get up to speed (once I found him/her).

Lars