[Development] Stepping down as QtDBus maintainer

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at qt.io
Thu May 18 12:58:19 CEST 2017

Hello Thiago,

Thanks a lot for all the great work on QtDBus!

Cheers,
Frederik

On onsdag 17. mai 2017 09.19.13 CEST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> With https://codereview.qt-project.org/194893 getting integrated, this
> signals my inability to keep QtDBus working for 4 minor releases in a row
> (5.6 through 5.9, inclusive). Obviously, the patch that this change
> reverted is required and it is the only way I've supported QtDBus in the
> last 1½ years, but we don't seem to be able to make it work.
>
> Since I am unable to fulfill my duties as maintainer, I am stepping down and
> opening the way up for someone else.
>
> Good luck.
>
> I've just abandoned all my pending changes related to QtDBus.
Isn't that a bit premature? Maybe someone could use these as inspiration. I'd
like to see us (as in The Qt Project) be more flexible when it comes to
ownership of patches - maybe someone feels inspired to take over some of the
work that has been started and expand on it.