[Development] Urgent: Qt 5.9.3 binaries built with too NEW Linux distribution

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 30 20:11:58 CET 2017

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 10:48:08 PST probono wrote:
> Yes. Please _at least_ support the oldest still-supported LTS version,
> which is 14.04 at this time. CentOS 6 users might also still exist.
> Thanks!

Not necessarily. We need to support the latest LTS, at the very least.

Support for oldest LTS is not a requirement if that comes with too old
software. In this case, it's got GCC 4.8.2, so it's still acceptable.

There's other software that needs to be evaluated for compatibility,
especially those that have changed sonames recently, like the MySQL client
library and some udev libs.

[ICU is hopeless, so it doesn't count]