[Development] Seeking advise using git and code review

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 4 09:25:44 CEST 2017

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your first contribution.

Reading your message remembers me when I started learning Git and
contributing to Qt (Creator) some years back ...

The others already said very important things, so I'm just concentrating
on one:

 > When checking the branch  with "git branch", I found that I was on a
 > detached head now.

That sounds like you didn't work on a local branch, but rather on the
remote branch. When commiting there, you go into detached head. But
that's no problem, it just needs special handling.

 > I couldn't go back to the branch, because git told me that I would
 > lose my changes.

Then you most likely have uncommited changes there. What does

  git status

say?

Best regards,
André