[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Oct 13 14:55:49 CEST 2017

Viktor Engelmann (13 October 2017 13:04)
> On the [Interest] mailing list there was a discussion about the
> review-process taking to long and we also had multiple discussions
> about that at the world summit. I have complained about this myself,
> so I would like to start a new thread and collect your thoughts and
> ideas on how to improve the situation.

I have one simple suggestion: if you find code review is holding up your
work, go and review some other folks' changes to code.  Assume, unless
proven otherwise, that you need to spend as much time reviewing others'
code as you spend waiting for review.

>  4.  I don't think we need to be as paranoid towards contributions
>  from our own employees as we need to be towards external
>  contributions.

I do not want this privilege.
I make dumb mistakes sometimes.
I rely on reviewers to smack me upside the head and get me to fix them.
I routinely notice people I know are smart making similar mistakes; and
they're usually grateful for having them politely brought to their
attention, as I am with mine.

	Eddy.