[Development] Staging in '5.6'

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Fri Oct 13 15:09:12 CEST 2017

This would not work as only the developer involved would really know which one is worth backporting. Considering the total number of changes it does not scale either.

> I don't see why any sane developer would go to the length of preparing a
> change for 5.6 if he has no idea about whether the release team will merge or
> reject it.

On the principle issue here I think I agree though (see below). The reasoning above is not a good one IMO. After all you can ask before you create the backported patch. The principle problem/patch is already known in the younger branch.

> From: Simon Hausmann

> The person best qualified to decide how minor or major a change is is the
> corresponding module maintainer, not necessarily the release team.
>How about instead we require two +2 for changes to 5.6?

This gets my vote too.
--
Alex