[Development] Staging in '5.6'

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Oct 13 14:49:36 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-13 14:30, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> How about instead we require two +2 for changes to 5.6?

How about the release team locks the branch down and cherry-picks bug
fixes from younger branches to 5.6 as it sees fit, and we require a +2
from the module maintainer or the patch's original author on the 5.6
branch?

I don't see why any sane developer would go to the length of preparing a
change for 5.6 if he has no idea about whether the release team will
merge or reject it.

Thanks,
Marc