[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 13 17:01:11 CEST 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 06:13:16 PDT Viktor Engelmann wrote:
> > Anyone with approver rights should be aware of his powers and use them
> > carefully, no matter if he is employed at The Qt Company or an
> > external contributor.
>
> Sure - but let's think about this in a different context: imagine
> someone applies at your company. You invite them to a job interview and
> have one of your engineers do a technical interview with them.

Since you didn't name which company this is, what you said applies to any
company. By that logic, we should apply the rule to anyone who has gone
through a technical interview, regardless of which company it is.

I don't think you want to start comparing who has the strictest technical
interview.

Anyway, no, this is just completely impossible and not allowed by the Qt
Project governance. We must treat everyone equally, based only on their
contributions to the project, not on the company they work for.