[Development] Code of Conduct (was: Speeding up the review process)

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Mon Oct 16 09:00:49 CEST 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 08:34:09AM +0200, Viktor Engelmann wrote:
> On 13.10.2017 15:33, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> >> Sure - but let's think about this in a different context: imagine
> >> someone applies at your company. You invite them to a job interview
> >> and have one of your engineers do a technical interview with them.
> >>
> >> Do you afterwards go to the applicant and ask them if they thought
> >> your engineer was competent and fire your engineer if the applicant
> >> says "no"?
>
> > This is an incredibly arrogant stance to take. No contributor is
> > above others because of their employer.
>
> I said nothing that could reasonably be interpreted this way.

actually, you did, in your point 4, which this was indirectly referring
to.

though i'll admit that i have a hard time figuring out how exactly your
little "thought experiment" is supposed to support your point. but to
answer it directly: yes, if trusted externals raised concerns about the
qualifications of an internal, i'd wonder about our organization's
judgment.

> And I will not respond to personal insults.

being publicly criticized != being insulted.
you should get used to that idea, given your propensity for making
less-than-wise statements on this list.