[Development] Future of QBS

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Fri Oct 13 17:19:51 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-13 16:12, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Friday, 13 October 2017 07:56:47 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
>> IMHO the qt-project is not in a position to reject Qt building with
>> qbs,
>> simply because there's no other implementation, nobody is going to
>> port
>> Qt to CMake (if you disagree start a new thread).
>
> There are volunteers to do that. They just need to know when they could
> start
> doing the work to make a proof of concept.

Good to know Thiago. I'd say they should ask on the mailing lists
instead of waiting.

This is however unrelated to the question of whether qbs should use Qt
internals or not so I won't give my opinion.

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)