[Development] Future of QBS

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Fri Oct 13 17:30:13 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 04:19:51PM +0100, Sergio Martins wrote:
> On 2017-10-13 16:12, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On Friday, 13 October 2017 07:56:47 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
> >> IMHO the qt-project is not in a position to reject Qt building with
> >> qbs, simply because there's no other implementation, nobody is
> >> going to port Qt to CMake (if you disagree start a new thread).
> >
> > There are volunteers to do that. They just need to know when they
> > could start doing the work to make a proof of concept.
>
> Good to know Thiago. I'd say they should ask on the mailing lists
> instead of waiting.

it already has been. we (the current maintianers of the qt build system,
and really anyone with a grain of taste) are strongly biased against a
cmake-based solution. in fact, we have rejected a cmake-based port of qt
creator some years ago.

ps: there is a qbs-specific mailing list (this is specifically not
applicable to the above topic, but that's just a tangent to start with).