[Development] How to get Qt_5.9.1_PRIVATE_API

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:27:59 CEST 2017

On jueves, 12 de octubre de 2017 09:28:20 -03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
[snip]
> The point of the ELF version was to help you the distributions detect which
> ones need rebuilding by having the symbol show up. Having the symbol rename
> all the time doesn't make the distro-building more robust, since the
> previous symbols would just disappear and new ones would appear, possibly
> causing breakages. Packagers still need to figure out a way to cause that
> rebuild anyway.

Right, this would be problematic at least for us in Debian. Of course that if
the patch is applied we can always unapply it.

--
Must it be assumed that because we are engineers beauty is not
our concern, and that while we make our constructions robust

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/